Location: Wayland, Massachusetts
**New Hires are eligible for a $2,500.00 sign on bonus**
It is the responsibility of the Assistant Branch Manager II to represent Middlesex Savings Bank to the public and to their employees, and to promote the Bank's core values and mission. They accomplish this by focusing on the customer experience, development of staff, achievement of operational excellence, achievement of performance goals, solid decision making, and a commitment to the success of the Bank and of their team. The Assistant Branch Manager II assists the Branch Manager in overseeing a small, medium or large size branch, ensuring that the branch functions in an effective and efficient fashion. They oversee branch staff and assist in the scheduling, coordination, and delegation of work assignments; support branch service and sales goals, conduct a wide array of customer transactions; and deepen customer relationships by recommending products and services as appropriate. The Assistant Branch Manager II may oversee an office that does not have a Branch Manager assigned on premises.
- Customer Experience - Responsible for assisting the Branch Manager to oversee the experience of customers within the branch. Develops an understanding of customers' needs and expectations, ensures that products and services are offered that address those needs and expectations and ensures that staff do the same. Develops new business by establishing and growing customer relationships and ensuring staff do the same, including utilization of business partners as appropriate. The Assistant Manager II is proficient with communication styles and readily adapts to different styles to ensure clear understanding. They perform complex service recovery as needed and assist and train staff in helping customers with difficult situations.
- Staff & Team Development - Develops staff skills and expertise by setting clear expectations, objectively assessing competencies, including performance evaluations, and holding staff accountable. The Assistant Manager II is a proficient coach who uses their skills to assist the development of their staff. Assists the Branch Manager in taking constructive action and handling difficult employee situations, collaborating with HR appropriately. Participates in interviewing candidates for positions within the branch.
- Operational Excellence - Ensures quality and accuracy of work, and assists the Branch Manager in executing branch controls in an effective and timely manner. Balances risk mitigation and procedural accuracy with customer expectations; makes exceptions appropriately. Ensures staff demonstrate operational expertise and understanding of policies, procedures and risks. Assists the Branch Manager in utilizing tools to monitor staffing levels and increase efficiency as appropriate while maintaining service levels. Takes a leadership role on operational questions and issues, such as complex wire approvals, troubleshooting of recyclers and ATMs, etc. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed compliance, security and risk protocols. Maintains proficiency in regulatory compliance and industry developments and apprises staff of same. Complies with all Bank policies including those pertaining to confidentiality, email, and others. May maintain primary responsibility for vault cash, including cash orders and shipments, and the accuracy thereof. Ensures adherence to security and audit related protocols, including cash audits.
- Influence & Credibility - Leads by example as an active part of the branch team. Performs the functions of a Branch Manager in the Branch Manager's absence, as appropriate. Performs the functions of an Assistant Manager I, Senior Banker and Banker as necessary and appropriate. Takes personal ownership and accountability for their performance and that of their team. The Assistant Manager II actively supports the Branch Manager in teambuilding efforts, staff meetings, etc. Coordinates with business partners for meetings, training, etc. to ensure good relations and efficient transitions to other business lines. - Follows through on tasks and assignments; manages time and priorities effectively and demonstrates flexibility. Expresses ideas well and clearly; uses professional written, verbal and electronic communications. Fosters relationships within the branch community and keeps branch manager apprised of relevant events or opportunities. The Assistant Manager II participates in community events that are supported by their branch as appropriate.
- Decision Making - Makes decisions dependably and consistently in alignment with the values and standards of the Bank. Focuses on performance and development goals and uses planning to drive results. Draws on knowledge, experience and insights and recommends solutions when raising problems or issues. Thinks ahead in order to act on future opportunities and challenges.
- Miscellaneous - Performs functions, within scope of authority and expertise, to provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to customers and co-workers. Assists the Branch Manager with overseeing the branch facility. Performs other related and unrelated duties as required.
- Associate's Degree or its equivalent is
- Bachelor's Degree is Preferred
- 3+ years of Banker experience or similar customer service related position within banking is Required
- Some supervisory experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Must possess knowledge of basic math principles and be able to perform basic mathematical procedures.
- Demonstrated customer service, sales, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess strong attention to detail.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Must demonstrate initiative and ability to make decisions independently.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of bank and branch security procedures.
- Must be able to work extended and weekend hours.
- Scheduling and work location flexibility required.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
Licenses and Certifications
- Must attain designation of Notary Public within 6 months Required
Search Firm Representatives, Please Read Carefully:
Middlesex Savings Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms for this or any employment opportunity.