25. Ensures all wire transfers have been OFAC checked by Fraud prior to processing.
Other Departmental Processes 26. Processes FRB check adjustments.
27. Orders all cash for the institution (branch and ATM) from the Federal Reserve, on a weekly basis.
28. Ensures timely completion and reporting of the regulatory FR2900 report.
29. Responsible for the accurate transmission of check file(s) to the Federal Reserve.
30. Provides support and assistance to Credit Union staff, members and other financial institutions for all functions processed by Accounting through timely attention to requests (i.e. phone, email, mail).
31. Assists branches/departments with problem-solving, balancing and other issues related to end of night processes.
32. Performs any other temporary or permanent duties as assigned.
Resource and Innovation 33. Acts as a leader and resource for Accounting Processors by assisting with the completion of daily duties and routine troubleshooting.
34. Identifies opportunities for efficiency and/or effectiveness improvements, including looking for opportunities to reduce human errors.
1. 2-year Accounting degree or one to three years of financial institution or other related work experience.
2. Previous experience with Accounts Payable processing preferred.
3. High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e.: GED).
4. A solid understanding of general ledgers (i.e. debits, credits).
5. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
6. Strong problem-solving skills.
7. Ability to perform basic math calculations.
8. Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets, word processors and database applications.
9. Ability to prioritize and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of work.
10. Positive attitude, team first focus with an emphasis on providing outstanding member service in addressing a wide variety of staff questions and concerns.
11. Be actively involved and a strong team player within the department, with the ability to cross-train in a variety of tasks.
12. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and outside vendors.
13. Self-motivated with the ability to work with limited direct supervision while maintaining focus on detail-oriented projects.
14. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
15. Good oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, telephone and email manners and etiquette.
16. Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
17. Must be Bondable.
Reports to the Vice President / Accounting Operations.
This position is not responsible for the supervision of other employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union.
GreenState Credit Union has been ranked #3 by the Credit Union Journal as one of the Top 45 Credit Unions to Work For! GreenState has been consistently recognized as a Des Moines Register Top Workplace and Corridor Business Journal Coolest Workplace! We also were awarded for “Best Internal Career Pathway” and “Best Training for Existing Employee Needs” by the Corridor Business Journal due to our Leadership Development Program, training opportunities, and high internal promotion rate!